By quality food products
Ginger, chopped small
Garlic, sliced thin
Kashmiri Chili powder
- Small Prawns- : 300gms
- Chili powder : 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
- Ground pepper : 1 tsp
- Salt : 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil : 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds : 2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds : 1 tsp
- Ginger, chopped small : 3 tbsp
- Garlic, sliced thin : 5 cloves
- Green chilies, chopped : 2
- Curry leaves : 2 sprigs
- Kashmiri Chili powder : 1½ tbsp
- Salt : ¾ tsp
- Vinegar : ½ cup
- In a bowl, combine the prawns along with chili powder, turmeric powder, ground pepper and salt. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat, add oil enough for frying.
- Fry the prawns. Transfer the fried prawns onto a kitchen paper towel. Keep aside.
- In the same frying pan, use the leftover oil from frying prawns and add 3 tbsp coconut oil.
- Add the mustard seeds, let splutter.
- Add fenugreek seeds, saute for 3 seconds. Do not burn the seeds.
- Add ginger, garlic, green chilies and curry leaves; saute for a few minutes till they turn golden.
- Add Kashmiri chili powder, combine well.
- Add vinegar, combine well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt.
- Add the fried prawns, combine well and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, keep covered and let it cool down.
- After it has cooled down, store in an air tight container.
- Allow the pickle to rest for a day before using.