By quality food products
Cashew nuts, split
8 to 10
Onions, chopped finely
Tomatoes, chopped finely
Coriander leaves, chopped finely
- Bread : 2 to 3 slices
- Oil : 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
- Uzhunnu Parippu : 1 tsp
- Curry leaves : 1 sprig
- Ginger paste : 1 tsp
- Green chili, chopped : 1
- Cashew nuts, split : 8 to 10
- Onions, chopped finely : ¼ cup
- Tomatoes, chopped finely : ½ cup
- Salt : as needed
- Turmeric Powder : 2 pinches
- Chili powder : ½ tsp
- Sugar : ½ tsp
- Water : 3 to 4 tbsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped finely : 1 sprig
- Lemon juice : as needed
- Heat a pan and toast the bread until crisp on both the sides.
- Cut them to small cubes and set aside.
- Pour oil to the pan and fry cashews until golden. Set these aside with bread.
- Add Mustard and Uzhunnu Parippu. Saute till it turns lightly golden.
- Add green chilies and curry leaves. Saute until the leaves turn crisp.
- Add onions and the ginger paste, saute until they turn golden.
- Add tomatoes, salt and turmeric. Saute until tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- Add chili powder and sugar. Saute for 2 mins.
- Pour 3 to 4 tbsp water and mix.
- Cook until the mixture turns thick.
- To this, add the cubed Bread pieces and the cashews
- Coat the bread cubes with the masala using a tawa
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and Lemon Juice
- Serve hot!