NAADAN THAKKALI CURRY
By quality food products
Tomatoes, finely chopped
Green Chillies, chopped
Red Chilli powder
For Ground Mixture
Fresh coconut , chopped
- Tomatoes, finely chopped : 5-6
- Green Chillies, chopped : 2
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli powder : 1/2 tsp
- Salt : to taste
- For Tempering :
- Coconut Oil : 2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds : 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves : 2-3 sprig
- For Ground Mixture :
- Fresh coconut , chopped : 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds : 3/4 teaspoon
- Shallots , halved : 5
- First, heat a pan with oil and temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the green chillies, tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt, saute well.
- Cook over a low flame, wait till the tomatoes become soft mushy.
- While the tomatoes cook, grind the ingredients given under 'ground mixture' and make a paste.
- Once the tomatoes are soft, add the ground mixture
- Cook over low flame for another 3 to 4 minutes and turn the flame off.
- Serve the super tasty dish with rice, dosa or idli.