By quality food products
Onions, finely chopped
Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Boiled potato : 2 - 3
- Onions, finely chopped : ¼ cup
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped : 2-3 tbsp
- Green chilli, chopped : 2
- Red chilli powder : ¼ tsp
- Chaat masala : 1 tsp
- Lemon juice : 1 tsp
- Maida : 2 tbsp
- Cornstarch : 1 tsp
- Bread crumbs : 1/2 Cup
- Chilli flakes : 1 tsp
- Oil : As needed
- Salt : to taste
- Mash the boiled potatoes in a mixing bowl,
- Add finely chopped onion, green chilli, and coriander leaves.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala and lemon juice.
- Mix well and make a firm dough.
- Grease palms with oil and take the potato mixture in your hands.
- Make small balls using all the potato mixture.
- Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add maida, cornflour and salt. Make slurry by mixing it well.
- Make sure that the batter is not too runny or too thick.
- In another plate and add breadcrumbs and chilli flakes.
- Mix well and keep it aside.
- Assemble potato balls, maida solution and breadcrumbs mix.
- Dip the potato balls one by one in the maida slurry.
- Coat the balls properly from all the sides.
- Once coated, roll them in the bread crumb mix.
- Place a frying pan and pour the oil to fry the lollipop. Heat the oil medium hot.
- Now add the potato balls one by one into the pan and fry them on low medium flame.
- Deep-fry for two to three minutes on low medium heat, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain these lollipops onto a paper tissue.
- Insert a toothpick OR an icecream stick into each ball.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or mayonnaise.